Tuesday 6 November 2007

PacMan, Irn Bru and Thank yous

Not sure I like the black background to this blog - looks all sinister to me. C says it's supposed to look like Tintin - I wouldn't know though as I spent my time playing with My Little Ponies and Rainbow Brite when I was younger rather than reading boys comics - I also missed out on the A team much to Steve and Deryk's dismay last week. Feels odd not having seen those pair for 3 days now - they've been a major feature of my life for the last couple of months!

Anyway, not much to report - just wanted to say we're here, and we survived packing and unpacking (C says we're never moving again, ever, just like the last time we moved). We decided that unpacking at my parents' house was a bit like PacMan - you have to weave your way through a maze of junk to get anywhere, and you have to try to avoid my father, as if he corners you you might get stuck talking about second world war gun implacements for half an hour when there's a whole garage's worth of stuff to deal with!



Final note should be a big thank you to Lucy and Kenny for the Irn Bru and the Sun/Mirror for the van - it did the trick and C was v pleased that the other truckers thought he was one of the club and flashed their lights at him when he was trying a (low speed) overtaking manoevre. Also huge thankyou to Mike and Lizzie for feeding us on our last night in Edinburgh, when we were massively late and good for nothing, and thanks to Jackie who arrived home to find a very odd looking (but nonetheless treasured) pot plant on her doorstep with a note saying it wouldn't fit in the van but please would she look after it!

Hope my ramblings have made sense....I'm off to bed too now.

Hx
ps. We're seeing a man about a boat tomorrow...will let you know how it goes...

No comments: