Tuesday 6 November 2007

Finished packing and unpacking!

Well here we are in sunny Lingfield. 



We know that we own 6.5 metres cubed of stuff and that it (mostly) fits in the eaves cupboards at the very top of Helen's parents' house (thanks Susan and Guy!) and that 6.5 metres cubed of stuff weighs just less than the maximum load that your average Luton van will carry. We drove 450 miles at 60mph. Funnily enough we managed to stay just in front of all the traffic I could see in my mirrors.



I thoroughly recommend 5th gear van hire as it was £250 cheaper to hire a Europcar van from them than it was from Europcar direct (how does that work then?).

We still have a few boxes to go through, but at least they're not heavy or big and they can stay in Lingfield. I am MUCH more relaxed than I was at 9am on Monday. I am very very tired and grubby, but I think I might just go to bed grubby.

C

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Interesting blog. I'm going to move to another flat and I will need to use van hire service to transport all my stuff! Thank you for recommendation.