Wednesday 25 February 2009

Helen's, er, well, got a job, um, in Edinburgh

Helen: Yup, that's right, I've gone and got myself a job. In Edinburgh. Starting at the beginning of June. On the one hand I'm sad that our trip will be ending soon, and that we won't get to spend as long as I'd hoped exploring Central Asia. But on the other hand, I'm certainly done with living out of a backpack and whatever we don't manage this time round we'll do the next time. And, I have to say, I am excited about having a job, using my brain, and working for the Fed (my old job with city farms/community gardens) again. I loved my work and it was a real wrench to leave, so I'm happy. And C is even more excited. He's already talking feverishly about what he's going to do when he gets home - skiing, putting a bike engine in his caterham, lots of climbing, martial arts...you name it. Think he thinks he's going to be a kept man!
It's late here and I'm off to bed. But, more news soon, I promise
hx

ps forgot to say, we're now in melbourne - it's great - v v different from nz, and from sydney for that matter. It feels like London or Glasgow. Lots of old buildings and character. There are more people in this one city than in all of NZ put together. Was quite a culture shock when Jenny and Gareth picked us up from the airport and we drove home on a 4 lane each way road! That's the biggest road we've seen since we left the UK!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Excellent guys! Look forward to seeing you again. I'd better start practicing those stalactite routes!

Deek