Thursday 17 July 2008

STILL IN TAHITI. ARRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH

Helen: Not much more to add really. Think we're leaving on Tuesday. Can't wait. Was supposed to be Sunday though, so not holding my breath that we'll make it on Tuesday. New boat is ok...but it's a bit like sailing with your grandmother - we have to lay places for every meal, she makes up the rules of games as we go along despite what the rule book says, and she can't use 'the internet'. Added to which she insists on instant mashed potato, even when I offer to peel and boil and mash the real things, and we've just divvied up the jobs on the boat and C and Anton get engines and sails and rigging and I get laundry and provisioning. Better go buy some marigolds and a pinny. Grrrr. How am I ever gonna learn.
Humph.
Think I'm just grumpy cos it's late. And cos I didn't go to happy hour today for the first time in two weeks. And I've lost my hat. From Panama. And our package from the UK STILL hasn't turned up.
But, we have done cool things too though - we went for a super long hike on Monday - up to 2000m - that's 700m higher than Ben Nevis - took us 8 hours (paying for it now!). And I just bought a load of material with hibiscus flowers on it to make a dress - nothing like a sewing project to make me smile.
And, ultimately, we are still in the South Pacific, so it can't be all bad. As Anton says, just don't sweat the small stuff...
Hopefully, next post will be from somewhere other than Tahiti!
Night night
Hxx

1 comment:

Marco Furio Ferrario said...

Hello guys!!!
I am writing from huaine, yes, i couldn't make it to pass by marina taina and see you, really sorry about that but we had to refit the catamaran that crazshd into a coral in tuamotu and as soon as we finished we sailed away from thaihti...
but we are gonna be in raiatea soon, i hope i can cheers with you there...
big big hug, keep going!
marco